CRC Publication Grant Scheme
In this section you'll find out about the Scheme's specific objectives and criteria.
The CRC Publication Scheme is designed to deliver the following three objectives:
- To support publications which encourage constructive debate on community relations themes.
- To subsidise publications supportive of community relations principles so that they might reach a wider audience.
- To support the production and dissemination of publications which will create a greater awareness and appreciation of local cultural diversity as a means of increasing mutual respect and understanding.
The Council particularly welcomes applications from training and educational organisations to produce relevant print resources which will support community relations learning through taught programmes.
Applications must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Publications showing originality, accessibility, or developed for new audiences.
- The Scheme is open to applicants operating in Northern Ireland. Applicants from outside Northern Ireland may apply if they can demonstrate that the area of benefit will be Northern Ireland.
- Periodicals and preparations for journalistic publications are eligible under additional conditions outlined below*.
- The grant is intended to subsidise the sale price in order to help the publication reach a wider audience within Northern Ireland.
- Applicants must have an established or proposed system of distribution and the means of distribution must be made clear in the application form.
- Fiction publications will not be supported.
- Completed scripts must be submitted with applications (unless periodicals/journalistic work).
- At least two quotes from different printers must be submitted.
* Periodicals and journalistic publications:
Awards for publication of periodicals will be awarded for one year only per application. The themes and authors of the articles should be indicated and some sample text provided. Full text will need to be submitted for approval before publication. The grant may be paid in instalments and reviewed after each issue.
In the event of applications of a journalistic nature leading to publication of a press/periodical article the grant may cover the cost of preparation, writing and supervision. The theme, approach and time scale of the work should be agreed between the applicant and CRC.
If you require further information email Paul Jordan email@example.com