“Promoting a peaceful and shared society based on reconciliation and mutual trust.”
The Community Relations Council was established in 1990 to lead and support change towards reconciliation, tolerance and mutual trust. The Community Relations Council is an arms-length body of the government of Northern Ireland and a catalyst for good inter-community and inter-cultural community relations work in the region.
The organisation works to identify and develop effective approaches to peace-building and reconciliation in partnership with local people and organisations, and with central and local government.
We promote the benefits of good relations policies and practice at regional, local, community and institutional levels; advocating for acknowledgment of our interdependence; challenging sectarianism, racism and all forms of violence motivated by hate. We provide financial support, development and policy guidance for peace building and good relations through civic leadership, wide community engagement and the sharing of best practice.
We believe the delivery of a peaceful, reconciled and interdependent society will be based on social partnership, the broader engagement of civil society and positive political leadership underpinned by priorities including fairness, equity, openness and diversity.
Community Relations Council – Staff List by Programme
- Jacqueline Irwin – Chief Executive Officer – email@example.com
- Tanya Gibson – PA to CEO - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy CEO – situation vacant
- Paul Killen – District Council Good Relations Programme Development Officer- email@example.com
Communications and Learning Resources
- Programme Director - position vacant
- Patricia O’Neill - Communications Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deirdre Mac Bride – Cultural Diversity Programme Director - email@example.com
Finance, Administration and Personnel
- Gerard McKeown – Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Adamson - Human Resources Manager & IT Support - email@example.com
- Tracey Wilson - Finance firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellana Tomasso - Administrative Officer & IT Support - email@example.com
- Ian Thompson – Administrative Officer – Finance - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tina Poland – Receptionist and Admin Support – email@example.com
Funding and Development
- Paul Jordan – Funding and Development Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roisin Montague – Project Officer – CRCD - email@example.com
- Damien McNally – Evaluation Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frances Dennison, Core Funding email@example.com
- Judith Hamilton – Project Officer CRCD - firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Development
- Dympna McGlade – Programme Director - email@example.com
- Gemma Attwood - Policy Development Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bebhinn McKinley – Policy Officer – email@example.com