National Museums NI is providing free access to collections and archives to support organisations delivering their own Centenary events and projects.
Bring history to your event by organising a short-term loan:
- All loans and image sharing will be subject to NMNI’s usual policies and conditions. They will be happy to work with you to find the best solution for your event and venue.
- Please leave plenty of time. Conservation, facilities checks, agreement on display conditions and loan agreements all need to be considered.
- All the information concerning loan requests are in the Guide to Borrowing
- Please contact Aileen McEwen, Assistant Registrar (email@example.com) to begin making a request. Make sure you reference the Shared History Fund in your request.
Access a rich archive of historical photos to bring your event to life:
- Browse all available images now
- Contact Stephen Weir, Digital Assets Access Officer (Picture.firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an image request. Please leave plenty of time and make sure you reference the Shared History Fund in your request.
- When making your request, please say how you plan to reproduce our images.
- If possible, supply the catalogue number of the requested images.
- Once your request has been verified, you will be supplied with a high-resolution Image and the appropriate credit line.
- If any further copyright clearance is required, NMNI will provide assistance.
The Shared History Fund uses funds provided by the UK Government and is being distributed by The National Lottery Heritage Fund using criteria set by the Northern Ireland Office. All loan and picture library requests must be completed by 31 March 2022.