Four evenings of public lectures and discussions, in Belfast, Derry Londonderry, Dungannon and Larne.
Chaired by Dr Eamon Phoenix
A four-part series with inputs from historians and discussion with member of the audience.
1921-1968 North and South the two Irelands
- Speakers: Dr Eamon Phoenix, Professor Henry Patterson and Dr Russell Rees
- Tuesday February 12th 7.00 pm commencing at 7.30pm
- Clifton House, North Queen St, Belfast BT15 1EQ
Change without change: from Welfare State to O'Neill
- Speakers: Professor Emmet O’Connor, Dr Eamon Phoenix, and Goretti Horgan
- Tuesday February 19th 7.00 pm commencing at 7.30pm
- Whittaker Suite Guildhall Derry Londonderry BT48 7BB
O'Neillism and the rise of the civil rights movement
- Dr Margaret O’Callaghan, Dr Myrtle Hill, and John Gray
- Tuesday February 26th 7.00 pm commencing at 7.30pm
- Drumalis Retreat and Conference Centre, Glenarm Rd, Larne BT40 1DT
From Craigavon Bridge to August 1969
- Dr Eamon Phoenix, Professor Lawrence Kirkpatrick and Brid Rodgers
- Tuesday March 5th 7.00 pm commencing at 7.30pm
- Events Space Hill of the O’Neill 26 Market Square, Tyrone, Dungannon BT70 1AB
Each session will also cover the Northern Ireland civil rights movement and will be recorded for later viewing on line. Refreshments tea/coffee provided
The series is designed to take a longer term view of the causes and origins of the civil rights campaigns in Northern Ireland based on the historical record.
All welcome please come and if you can register through Eventbrite https://sluggerotoole.com/2019/02/04/long-and-short-terms-causes-of-the-civil-rights-movement-1921-north-and-south-to-august-1969-four-evenings-of-public-lectures-and-discussions-in-belfast-derry-londonderry-dungann/
Funded by the Northern Ireland Community Relations Council