Applications are now open for groups who wish to run a Camp under the T:BUC Camps Programme 2020/21.
Completed applications must be returned to the Education Authority no later than 4pm on Friday 17 January 2020.
About T:BUC Camps
The T:BUC Camps Programme is a headline action described in the Together: Building a United Community (T:BUC) strategy which was announced by the Northern Ireland Executive in 2013. The relevant strategic aim relating to young people is:
To continue to improve attitudes amongst our young people and to build a community where they can play a full and active role in building good relations.”
The Programme is about building positive relations and long lasting friendships among young people across all parts of the Northern Ireland community. Camps must therefore bring diverse groups together to get to know each other, try new experiences and help build longer term relationships between young people.
Good Relations learning must be at the heart of every Camp.
All Camps must:
- Have a significant good relations element at every phase of the Camp which must be clearly demonstrated in funding applications
- Be run on a cross community basis and include participants from Catholic/Nationalist/Republican (CNR) and Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist (PUL) communities. Proposals are also encouraged from other communities including ethnic minority communities and those of different racial backgrounds
- Target young people aged 11 to 19 years
- Be fun.
Each camp must be run on a cross-community basis and consist of three phases:
- Pre-camp engagement
- Post-camp engagement.
Applications are invited from:
- EANI registered youth organisations
- Bona fide voluntary and community organisations (including churches/faith based organisations, sports groups, arts groups etc.)
- Regional organisations that have experience in working with young people
How to Apply
Further information can be found in the guidance notes and application form available at www.eani.org.uk/tbuc
Hard copies can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 028 9056 6952 or 028 9056 6429
T: BUC Camps Programme 2020/21 – Funding Forums and Applications Workshops
A number of Funding Forums have been arranged by TEO to provide advice and guidance to organisations who are considering applying for funding under the T:BUC Camps Programme 2020/21.
Details of the workshops and how to register can be found at the following link: www.tbucevents.eventbrite.com
The Education Authority will be running workshops to support groups to develop their programmes and assist with applications. Details of the workshops and how to register can be found here: www.eafunding.eventbrite.co.uk
You can follow the latest news on TEO's social media accounts:
Twitter – @TBUCCamps
Facebook – www.facebook.com/tbuccamps