The Centre for Cross Border Studies is holding an online seminar on Thursday 15 October 2020 entitled “Time to measure impact in border regions: COVID-19 crossing borders.”
Learning from different approaches taken by different EU Member States and regions to the Covid-19 pandemic, this interactive workshop brings together experts from the Transfrontier Euro-Institut Network (TEIN) and its partner institutions to discuss the urgent need and methods for measuring the impact of national and regional policies on the cohesion of cross-border territories and on cross-border relations.
- Andy Dritty, Member of the Committee of the Regions, Committee of the Regions, Belgium.
- Anthony Soares, Director, Centre for Cross Border Studies, United Kingdom.
- Martin Unfried, Senior Researcher, ITEM – Maastricht University, Netherlands.
- Clarisse Kauber, Research Manager, Euro-Institut/TEIN, Germany.
- Eduardo Medeiros, Geography Professor / Integrated Researcher, ISCTE, Portugal.
About the Seminar
The Centre for Cross Border Studies will present preliminary research on cross-border impacts of COVID-19 in Ireland and Northern Ireland, as part of ongoing project funded by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's Reconciliation Fund, alongside work by TEIN and its partner institutions, ITEM Expertise Centre (Maastricht University) and Euro-Institut.
Register for the seminar here: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions/1021_en