Journeys is a programme that provides young people the opportunity to create positive change through a range of projects. This year, due to restrictions, Springboard Opps is planning to provide a blended learning programme that will be online and face-to-face were possible, in accordance to Government guidelines. The Journeys Programme is for 16-24 year olds within the Greater Belfast area, and offers the following:
- Free travel
- £8 daily incentive (subject to eligibility)
- OCN training
- Social Action Projects
- Exploring Personal development, Good Relations and Citizenship
- One to one mentoring
- 4-5 days a week for 6 months
Individual projects available
There are four individual projects available, each tailored to specific needs:
- GameChanger – This project will work with young people who may be at risk of social exclusion or be involved in anti-social behaviour. It can offer structure, one to one support and a chance to increase self-confidence and find direction.
- Gener8 – Young people will be supported to work towards the goals they set for themselves. It is youth-led as the young people will take an active part in designing the programme to shape their journey.
- Fusion – Working with young people who have an interest in music or creativity to express themselves. The programme will also look at different cultures, traditions and explore becoming active citizens within the community.
- Xceler8 – A Leadership programme investing in young people from all communities who are engaging in a volunteer capacity. It will upskill and enhance young people's leadership styles increase self-belief and advocate for issues they are passionate about.
Register your interest
If you are interested in finding out more about the Journeys Programme from Springboard Opps, contact Julie Burgess by email on firstname.lastname@example.org