The Intercultural Education In and Out of School Conference – organised by Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, in partnership with the Education Authority – will give teachers and educators the opportunity to discover ways to encourage children and young people to explore history, culture, language and identity in and out of school.
It will also provide ideas for collaborations between schools and other partners to support intercultural education.
The conference aims to:
- Consider the role of local museums, cultural centres and the Council in supporting intercultural education
- Be more aware of the role of home languages in education and how to support these
- Become more aware of digital and other resources available for use in and out of school
- Network with colleagues from other schools and partner agencies and share ideas
By the end of the conference participants will:
- Have a clearer idea of how schools might collaborate with museums and others to explore history, culture, language and identity with children and young people
- Have a better understanding of the role of home languages and how to support parents and their children to maintain their home language
- Have learned about support and resources available from statutory and non-statutory bodies and colleagues in other schools
Date and Venue
19 March 2020
9.30am – 3.30pm
Mahon’s Hotel, Irvinestown
Attend the Event
To attend the Intercultural Education conference, email Rumena on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0300 303 1777.