Culture Lab is a space to ‘experiment’ with the differences and similarities between the two main communities in Northern Ireland.
- Does our cultural heritage determine who we are?
- Who do you think you are in this society?
- How useful and important are ‘Orange’ and ‘Green’ labels today?
- In Northern Ireland, do we share more in terms of politics, symbolism, history and culture than we realise?
- What understanding can we build around shared rights and hopes for the future?
A major new Culture Lab exhibition asking these questions will be staged at the Ulster Museum from February to October 2020.
Objects from National Museums NI collections will offer a glimpse into how identities have been shaped in Ireland and Northern Ireland and challenge stereotypes.
Newly developed interactive and community generated content will also feature in the exhibition, and explore modern issues of culture and identity.
For more information visit: www.makingthefuture.eu