Two courses are available:
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills programmes
- Good Relations - Single Identity programmes
They are accredited by the NI Open College Network at Level 1 – 1 Credit.
Conflict Resolution And Mediation Skills Programmes
This course is designed for Good Relations Officers, Project Officers, Community Relations Officers, Community Workers, Voluntary Workers and anyone who works with diverse groups.
The aims of the works are:
- To introduce participants to the principles of Conflict Management and the use of Mediation as tool for resolving conflict.
- Explain to participants that Mediation is a process, which helps people in dispute to have a difficult conversation with each other that enables them to work through their issues and hopefully reach an agreeable outcome.
- To give participants an overview of the Learning Outcomes for the course and explain the Northern Ireland Open College Network Accreditation procedure.
At the end of the Workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify different ways people deal with conflict
- Be aware of the skills of a mediator
- Have an understanding of how mediation works in practice
- Help disputing parties create their own agreements
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of co-mediation.
- 11 September 2019
- 8 October 2109
- 5 November 2019
- 3 December 2019
Good Relations - Single Identity Course
The programme is designed for anyone working in a Good Relations-Single Identity community to give participants the skills and knowledge of what is required to deliver and eventually initiate a good relations programme with another group.
The workshop is delivered through an experiential learning process that will include tutor input, group activities and discussion.
Participants will explore ways to develop group cohesion by looking at the difference between ice-breakers and trust exercises, how groups develop and ways to eventually evaluate different types of Good Relations Programmes.
The background to key developments in the Northern Ireland peace process will be explored to help participants prepare their eventual Good Relations programme.
Each participant will receive a copy of the tutors resource book ‘The Peace Builders Handbook’
- 18 September 2019
- 16 October 2019
- 13 November 2019
- 11 December 2019
The location for all courses is:Holywell Trust Building 10- 14 Bishop Street Derry/Londonderry BT48 8PW.
Course Cost and Time
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm.
How To Attend Courses
Contact Michael Doherty by email Michael.Doherty@mediateni.com
Early booking is advisable as course fill up fast.