Northern Ireland Open College Network Level 1 – 1 Credit
This one-day course is designed for Good Relations Officers, Project Officers, Community Relations Officers and anyone who work with diverse groups.
The one-day course takes place on the following dates:
- 13 January 2021
- 27 January 2021
It takes place in Derry/Londonderry, from 9.30am – 4.30pm. The course is fee free because funding has been secured.
- To introduce participants to the principles of Conflict Management and the use of Mediation as tool for resolving conflict.
- Explain to participants that Mediation is a process, which helps people in dispute to have a difficult conversation with each other that enables them to work through their issues and hopefully reach an agreeable outcome.
- To give participants an overview of the Learning Outcomes for the course and explain the Northern Ireland Open College Network Accreditation procedure.
At the end of the Workshop the participants will be able to: -
- Identify different ways people deal with conflict
- Be aware of the skills of a mediator
- Have an understanding of how mediation works in practice
- Help disputing parties create their own agreements
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of co-mediation.
To register, contact Michael Doherty by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 077 1498 2546.