The Good Friday/Belfast Agreement is being discussed as part of a special conference. It will reflect on a 20-year journey of cross-border cooperation and plotting the path to a successful future.
This special annual conference will explore if the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement has fostered growth and improved relations within and between the islands. Looking to the future, the event will consider the path required to ensure that these islands and their citizens can step forward with confidence and integrity in challenging times.
- Martin Fraser, Secretary General, Department of the Taoiseach
- David Sterling, Head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service
- Susan McKay
- Dr Katy Hayward
- Professor Cathy Gormley-Heenan
- Matthew O'Toole
- Professor Duncan Morrow
The conference will be a one day event beginning at 8am, with Registration and Networking Breakfast followed by key note addresses and three panel discussions which consider the three strands of the Belfast / Good Friday Agreement.
- (Strand 3) GFA Institutions as a framework for Brexit and good relations between the jurisdictions
- (Strand 2) North South cooperation; past present and future landscape
- (Strand 1) Good relations in Northern Ireland; building confidence for the future?
There are 3 ticket options available:
- All Day Conference, Drinks Reception, Journal Launch & Dinner - £95
- All Day Conference Only - £55
- Drinks Reception, Journal Launch & Dinner - £50
Event Date and Location
Date: Friday 20 September 2019
Location: Crowne Plaza, Dundalk