The Future Leaders Programme, which Holywell Trust piloted last year, is now recruiting 20 people to take part in the year-long programme.
The Programme includes:
- Residential opportunities – focused programme visits and sessions to include a visit to Dublin.
- Training programme – a 20-session programme examining a range of issues from Good Relations to Movement Building (final programme to be agreed with the programme participants).
- Community projects – 4 community projects will be led up and delivered by participants.
The Programme is seeking people with the following qualities:
- An interest in supporting community activity
- Aged between 18 and 35
- Willing to work collaboratively to improve the lives of local people
- Can participate in at least 90% of Programme activities
- Not a member or representatives of political parties.
Participation in the project is a voluntary commitment. Reflecting this, the course will be participant-led, engaging and challenging. The overall aim is to connect local people to form the backbone of the sector for years to come.
There will be an information session, which is open for all to attend, about the Future Leaders programme on: Monday 2 March 2020 at 2pm in Holywell – DiverseCity Community Partnership, Bishop Street, Derry/Londonderry.
Nominations from community organisations are welcome. Nominate someone to take part in the Future Leaders Programme 2020.
The deadline for the receipt of applications/nominations is 5pm Friday 6 March 2020.