Organised by the Federation for Ulster Local History Studies and Federation of Local History Societies, a visit to the ancient cathedral city Of Armagh is arranged for Saturday 28th – Sunday 29 September 2019.
- 10.30 am – Armagh City Hotel: Meet the FLHS group for tea/coffee/scones
- 11.00 am to 1.30 pm – Form three groups to visit, in rotation, St Patrick’s CoI Cathedral; 5 Vicar’s Hill and the Robinson Library. Guided tours of 30 minutes each location.
- 1.30 pm - Lunch in Cardinal O Fiaich Library and Archive. Talk by Roddy Hegarty, Librarian, on the history and mission of the Library.
- 2.30 pm to 3.15 pm – visit to St Patrick’s Catholic Cathedral, guide Roddy Hegarty
- 3.30 pm - visit to Armagh County Museum – Sean Barden, Curatorial Services Officer will arrange tour of exhibitions
- 5.00 pm – return to City Hotel
- 7.00 pm – District Council reception, followed by dinner, with after dinner speaker
- 11.00 am – Guided tour of Navan Fort followed by Lunch
- Visit only (including lunch): £20
- Visit plus evening meal: £45