CRC Publications Grant Scheme
Publications Application Form
Grants up to £5,000 are available to publishers under this scheme.
To encourage the production and dissemination of publications that will contribute to greater understanding and better community relations in Northern Ireland.
- To support publications which encourage constructive debate on community relations themes and challenge negative stereotypes.
- To subsidise publications supportive of community relations principles so that they might reach a wider audience.
- To support the production and dissemination of publications which will create a greater awareness and appreciation of local cultural diversity as a means of increasing mutual respect and understanding.
The Council particularly welcomes applications from training and educational organisations aiming to produce relevant print resources which will support community relations learning through taught programmes.
Criteria and conditions:
Applications must meet at least one of the above objectives.
- Preference may be given to publications showing originality, accessibility, or which address new audiences.
- The Scheme is open to publishers operating in Northern Ireland. Publishers from outside Northern Ireland may apply if they can establish that the area of benefit will be Northern Ireland.
- Periodicals and preparations for journalistic publications are eligible under additional conditions outlined below*. A maximum total amount of £20,000 annually is available for applications of this type.
- The grant is intended to subsidise the sale price in order to help the publication reach a wider audience within Northern Ireland.
- The Scheme is aimed at the publisher, not the author.
- Publishers must have an established or proposed system of distribution. If the publisher is not an established commercial publisher the means of distribution must be made clear in the application form.
- Fiction publications will not be supported.
- Completed scripts must be submitted with applications (unless periodicals/journalistic work).
- Three quotes from different printers must be submitted.
All grants are at the discretion of the Community Relations Council.
* Periodicals and journalistic publications :
Applications for publication of periodicals will be awarded for one year only per application and should indicate the theme or themes of the articles to be published. It will not be necessary to submit the text in advance. The grant will be paid in instalments and may be reviewed after each issue.
In the event of applications of a journalistic nature leading to publication of a press/periodical article the grant may cover the cost of preparation, writing and supervision. The theme, approach and time scale of the work should be agreed between the applicant and CRC.