The Community Relations Council is undertaking a review of funding for Victims and Survivors Groups. The Review Group includes representation from the Victims Unit, OFMDFM and the Commission for Victims & Survivors, Community Relations Council members and members of the Core Funding Committee (Victims + Survivors).
The Review Group will have an independent Chair, John Hunter, former Permanent Secretary of the Department of Finance and Personnel.
Since 2002, CRC has acted as the Intermediary Body responsible for Core Funding and Development Grants to Victims and Survivors groups. Both Schemes have been funded by the Victims Unit, OFMDFM.
Tenders must undertake the following:
1. Review the investment and impact of CRC funding to victims and survivors groups to date and examine how the financial support provided to victims and survivors has made a difference.
2. To assess the effectiveness of CRC’s management of the Schemes including financial management, application and assessment procedures, monitoring of performance and expenditure by organisations and groups, level and type of support provided to those in receipt of core and development grant scheme funds.
3. To assess the current development of practice in the sector and a trend analysis of the priorities and themes which have emerged over recent years through funding support provided through CRC grant schemes.
4. To assess the potential for partnership working between
· victims and survivors groups and
· victims and survivors groups and statutory/other providers
5. Review the extent to which CRC funding has provided Value for Money (VFM) and to make recommendations about providing a Value for Money framework for this sector.
Following production of the final report the Review Group will use the analysis based on funding support to victims and survivors groups to date to recommend the priority areas for groups over the next 5 years and the associated criteria for determining further support in the Victims & Survivors Service.
Closing date for receipt of tenders is 1pm on Monday 14 September 2009
Terms of reference for this work can be downloaded from the following: