In Attendance Maureen Hetherington, Jim Campbell, John Cousins, Eamonn Oakes, Caroline Wilson, Sheena Funston, John Clarke
Staff Duncan Morrow, Paul Jordan, Brian Mullan, Joan Clements,
Frances Dennison, Carol Taylor, Patricia Cuthel (minute taker)
Apologies Sean Coll
1. Minutes from the last meeting were approved.
2. Matters arising
Committee discussed situation re West Tyrone Voice
3. Officers Report
Paul Jordan – It was noted that an extension of the scheme had been agreed, information will be sent out to groups later than anticipated. Staff are verifying current year and re opening for 09/10. CRC staff to look at Eames/Bradley report and make response. Paul is working with Gemma from the Policy Programme on this.
Maureen commented that the CRC bulletin was excellent.
Frances – It was noted that 1.5 million was committed, currently closing 08-09 scheme
Working on reallocations – responding to group requests. Also working on evaluations/receipts/invoices. Preparing to start processing new applications
Brian - Gave an overview of Core Funding Scheme
Joan - Befriending / Supervision work with groups across NI is working well.
There is a Volunteer Co-ordinators Seminar (approx 30) coming together to meet on 19th March 2009.
4. Caroline was asked if Committee could have the total amounts each group have received in funding for information purposes. It was noted that this information would take time to compile however it will be available in CRC’s annual report.
5. Committee had a discussion around the need for criteria of the grant scheme to be reviewed.
6. Duncan asked committee to approve Review of the Programme (paper - CRC/VS/5/3/09/003) as terms of reference. Committee agreed.
7. Paul gave an update on the ongoing issues with the Shankill Stress & Trauma Group.
8. Firinne - Committee discussed the ongoing problems with the group.
9. Special Requests:
Committee agreed with Frances’ recommendation re: SAVER/NAVER. Ref No: 08/0239